Wound Management Program
Covenant HomeCare offers a comprehensive wound management program. We have certified wound care consultants on staff and all of our licensed staff members have completed an intensive wound care training program.
We are committed to clinical excellence and providing the highest quality patient care. Our wound care clinicians work with your physician to develop a plan of care that uses the most up-to-date nursing interventions and wound care products for optimal healing to take place.
The following services are provided by our wound care clinicians:
- Detailed assessment and care of acute and chronic diabetic, venous, arterial, pressure, and surgical wounds.
- Wound healing progression tracked through digital photography with copies sent to the physician.
- Vascular Dopplers available to perform Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) for comprehensive compression therapy.
- All wound care clinicians are trained in Wound VAC therapy.
- Extensive education provided for patient and family in wound prevention, appropriate skin care, pressure relief surfaces, nutrition to promote healing, and good skin care.